Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
Warton St Paul’s CE Primary Academy, The Role of the Local Governing Committee
The role of the Governors of Warton St Paul’s CE Primary Academy is to:
- ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for the school;
- set strategic aims and objectives in line with this vision;
- work closely with the Headteacher and all school staff to set policies which we believe will achieve those aims and objectives;
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making, towards ensuring that each child benefits from an outstanding education;
- oversee the financial performance of the school, making sure its money is well spent;
- ensure that the school grounds and buildings are safe and well-maintained, to offer the best possible facilities to support the children's development.
Individuals on the Local Governing Committee contribute knowledge and experience in the areas of management, health and safety, pastoral care, property and premises, and education.
The full Governing Body meets once each term. Each Governor also sits on at least one Committee (details below), and groups of Governors meet as required to discuss, for example, our vision for the school, performance data or changes to the curriculum. We undertake regular training to keep our knowledge and understanding of education and governance issues up to date and we visit school during the working day as often as we can. Individual Governors take responsibility for liaising with school staff regarding specific areas of learning, and they report back to other Governors so that we all keep up to date.
The Governing Body currently consists of the following individuals:
|Colin Charnley||Foundation Governor|
|Sandra Pitman||Foundation Governor|
|Katie Fieldhouse||Foundation Governor|
|Bev Harrison||Foundation Governor|
|Caroline Sheppard||Foundation Governor|
|Rosie Gordon||Foundation Governor|
|Arran Simpson||Staff Governor|
|Lianne Ayrton||Parent Governor|
A register of Governors’ business interests, and their terms of office is also published on this website.
English – Daniel Taylor
Maths – Caroline Sheppard
SIAMS - Katie Fieldhouse, Daniel Taylor and Leanne Ayrton
Curriculum - Rosie Gordon
SEND – Katie Fieldhouse
Safeguarding / Prevent – Daniel Taylor
PHSE – Leanne Ayrton
EYFS – Arran Simpson
PP & SP – Caroline Sheppard
AGT – Sandra Pitman
EAL - Colin Charnley
Opal - Arran Simpson/ Rosie Gordon
Pearl – Colin Charnley
Emerald – Leanne Ayrton
Topaz – Sandra Pitman
Sapphire –Caroline Sheppard
Amethyst - Katie Fieldhouse
If you have any questions regarding the Local Governing Committee please contact Daniel Taylor, Chair of Governors, via the school office, or by e-mail email@example.com